› BI › Analysis Services Live Connection in Power BI
Analysis Services Live Connection in Power BI
In this article, we will learn how to configure Live connection for Analysis Services in Power BI.
- Power BI Licence
- SQL Server Analysis Service
- Power BI Gateway (Refer this link to configure Power BI Gateway)
Steps to Connect Analysis Services Live in PowerBI
- Open PowerBI Desktop
- Click Get Data and Select Analysis Services
- In the Analysis Services Connection details, select Live Connection Mode for Live Connection.
- Once the Data, Measures, KPIs are loaded you can create Power BI Dashboard. Live Connection enabled status is visible at the right bottom of the Power BI Desktop.
- Before publishing the Dashboard, login into Power BI Service.
- Under Manage Gateway, we must add a data source for Analysis Services.
Note: The account should be a Server Admin on the Analysis Server and should be a domain account in the same domain that the Analysis Services instance is located. (Click here for more information on Analysis Server Connection)
- Go back to Power BI Desktop and publish the Power BI dashboard.
- In the Power BI Service, under the Reports you will be able to see the published Live SQL dashboard.
Liked it? Share it.