Data Migration is often the most overlooked & underestimated aspect of any migration project. Source and target systems will typically have different field types and formats along with different business logic that makes any Data Migration a complex task. Some key things to remember around Data Migrations are:
- Source Data usually is not as clean as we think.
- Garbage In, Garbage Out-If we migrate unclean data, our new CRM platform will start out with the same unclean data!
- Data Migration requires patience and a very detailed approach.
- Data migrated correctly to the new CRM plays a big role in user adaption!
- Data Integrity must be preserved as part of the migration-Every single row of data should be accounted for.
Data Migration Philosophy
Our team follows a rigorous Data Migration philosophy to ensure every data migration is successful & reliable. The flow chart below provides the key steps in this process.
- Extraction of data from one or more sources
- Converting/merging data from multiple sources into single data warehouse
- Transforming, filtering, applying business rules on data which is acceptable by target systems
- Loading & verifying the actual data
Technologies used: SSIS, Scribe Insight, Scribe Online
News / Events
- » Webinar, December 5th: Exchange Online Protection
- » Webinar, November 7th: In-Place eDiscovery & hold (Exchange Online Admin Center)
- » Webinar, October 31st: Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) Deployment and GDPR compliance Review
- » Webinar, October 17th: Power BI Premium Deep Dive
- » Webinar, October 3rd: Going through Exchange Online Admin Center