Dynamics 365, EnterpriseThemes in D365
With themes in D365, organizations have the ability to uniquely brand the D365 System with supported way to apply organization’s logo and colour choices to the application.
Themes in D365 can be incorporated in several simple steps,
Step 1: Under Settings, select Customizations and then Themes.
By default, D365 default theme is present in the system. Now If we want to create theme for our organization, select New Theme. D365 default theme can be used as a reference to understand how themes work in D365.
Once New theme is selected the page layout is as follows:
Let’s see how individual field works and what it means.
- Here user can specify the Theme Name.
- After a name is specified and record is saved then default values are set.
- Sets selected Logo replacing default Dynamics 365 logo.
- Click “New” in search option of Logo field.
- Logo Image recommended size is 400px in width and 50px in height also supported image file formats are .gif, .jpg and .png
- Enter details as required ,upload logo image and publish web resource.
- Click button in Ribbon “Publish Theme” and below are changes as highlighted.
Set Tooltip on Logo as highlighted below:
Navigation Bar Color:
Set Navigation Bar Color replacing default black Color.
Navigation Bar Shelf Color:
This field sets Navigation Bar Shelf Color of Navigation Bar
This setting sets Font Color of Header of Sub Area.
Global Link Color:
This field sets Color of link record.
Selected Link Effect:
This field sets Color of Selected Records.
Process Control Color:
This field changes Business Process Flow Header Color.
Default Entity Color:
This field sets default Entity Color for all Entities except Custom Entities.
Default Custom Entity Color:
This field sets default Color for all Custom Entities.
Control Shade & Control Border:
Above field settings set control border and shade.
Once theme is completed and we need to publish it by click Ribbon button “Publish Theme”.
Note: Publish theme gets applied to all D365 users.
Hoping this blog explains how to design theme for client.