D365 RetailBenefits of implementing Cloud POS in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail
Dynamics 365 for Retail provides mid-market and large retailers with a complete head office and point of sale (POS) solution that includes support for online and brick-and-mortar stores. It can help retailers increase financial returns, improve service, manage growth, reach customers, and streamline efficiencies.
Dynamics 365 for Retail supports two types of POS experience:
- Cloud POS is a browser-based POS that can be started in any standard browser on Desktops, Laptops, mobile devices.
- Retail Modern POS (MPOS App) can be used on clients such as PCs and tablets to process sales transactions, customer orders, and daily operations, and to perform inventory management.There are many obvious reasons as to why a retailer would prefer to choose Cloud POS instead of Modern POS:
- Since CPOS runs in a browser, the application isn’t installed on the device. Instead, the browser accesses the application code from the CPOS server. Which is why you wont be able to use cloud POS in offline state but these days Internet connectivity is available almost 24/7 so it’s not an issue.
- A zero-footprint, cloud-hosted solution brings benefits in terms of cost and simplicity.
- Sales staff can process sales transactions and customer orders, perform clienteling activities, and perform daily operations and inventory management on mobile devices anywhere in the store, and also at PC-based registers.
- Deployment is easy as no installation is required except for the hardware station which on the main host system. All you need to do is activate the POS.
- When you change/upgrade your system, all you need to do is re-activate CPOS.
- You can also set up Hybrid Android app which lets you use CPOS though Android App on any Android phone.
- One of the advantages of having CPOS is it’s cross platform availability. It can run on any operating system. All it requires is a browser to run.