A “shared shift” configuration lets retailers have a single shift across multiple registers, cash drawers, and users. A shared shift has a single starting amount and a single closing amount that are summarized across all cash drawers. Shared shifts are most typical when mobile devices are used. In this scenario, a separate cash drawer isn’t reserved for each register. Instead, all registers can share one cash drawer.
Steps to Configure:
- Go to Retail –> Channel setup –> POS setup –>POS profile –> Hardware profile –> Drawer –>Enable shared shift option.
- Go to Retail –> Workers–> Select the user and go to retail tab.
- Go to POS Permission and select the appropriate permission group and assign it to the user.
- Make sure that the user must have “Allow manage shared shift and Allow use shared shift” permissions enabled
- Save the changes
- Go to Distribution Schedule and run the job for Register and Staff.
Note: Only one shared shift can be opened at a time in each store.