Free text invoice is useful to book sales without creating Sales order. It is used to sell a quantity of services and goods which are not inventory item. User cannot select Item in Free Text Invoice. It contains order lines that include ledger accounts, descriptions, and a sales amount.
Below are the steps to create Free Text Invoice
- Click Accounts receivable> Invoices > All free text invoices.
- On Action Pane, Click new button to create new Free text invoice.
- On header, select the customer account, Invoice date, currency. Other fields are non-mandatory fields.
- In the Invoice lines grid, enter a description, select the main account, Sales tax and enter the quantity and unit price for the invoice line.
- On the Line details FastTab, enter any additional information.
- Click on Total for check the total amount of invoice.
- After filling all the data, click on Post button to Post the Invoice.
- To check Posted Free text invoice, click on Invoice journal button.
- To check the ledger entry, click on view accounting button.