BIPower BI Embedded in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Operations
In this article, we will see how to embed Power BI in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Operations.
- Register your Dynamics 365 Operations as a web app on Azure AD.
- Open link: http://dev.powerbi.com/apps
- Login to your Power BI account
- Fill the required details:
- App Name
- App Type: Select as ‘Server-Side Web app’
- Enter a redirect URL: Your instance URL with /outh at the end
- Enter a homepage URL: Your instance URL
- Choose API access you need.
- Click Register App.
- Once the app is registered, you will get Client ID and Client Secret. Copy these 2 keys, you will need it later.
- Navigate to Power BI settings in Operations which is under System Administration section.
- Enter the details in Power BI configuration:
- Client ID: Paste the Client ID Key from Power BI registration
- Application Key: Paste the Client Secret key from Power BI registration
- Redirect URL: Your instance URL with /outh at the end
- Enable the Power BI
- Navigate to Reservation Management for instance and you will see a Power BI column. Click on Get Started.
- Authorize Power BI by clicking on ‘Click here to provide authorization to Power BI’
- You will be redirected to the new window with authorization success message
- Now, you can select reports and dashboards from Power BI and pin them to your workspace.