The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP software has an integrated suite for the production area (PPC: production planning and control) with comprehensive functions to plan and control efficient production and manufacturing processes:
The manufacturing module can map and efficiently manage all areas from material requirements and product configuration to workstation and machine utilisation.
Production functions in D365 Business Central:
- Resources: Register and sell resources, combine related resources into one resource group or track individual resources.
- Estimates: Monitor resource usage and get a complete overview of your capacity for each resource with information about availability and planned costs on orders and quotes.
- Jobs: Keep track of usage on jobs and data for invoicing the customer. Manage both fixed-price jobs and time-and-materials jobs.
- Timesheets: Timesheets are a simple and flexible solution for time registration with manager approval and integrate with Service, Jobs, and Basic Resources.
- Multiple languages: Switch languages on the client in real time provided that the desired language is available.
- Reason codes: Define a set of reason codes that can be assigned to individual transactions throughout the system, providing user-defined audit trails.
- Extended text: Set up an unlimited number of lines to describe inventory items, resources, and general ledger accounts.
- Intrastat reporting: Automatically retrieve the necessary data to report Intrastat information to statistics authorities. Local customs authorities can inform you whether your company is obligated to file such a report.
- Outlook integration: Synchronize your to-do items and your contacts with your meetings, tasks, and contacts in Outlook.
- Subcontracting: Allows companies to send raw materials, unfinished goods, or partially finished goods for further processing elsewhere.