The project management module in Dynamics 365 Business Central provides options for planning and creating project-relevant activities (project planning) and enables project budgeting and automated project invoicing.
You can use the project management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central to completely map and control your project-relevant activities:
- Stay on budget: Create, manage, and track customer projects using timesheets along with advanced job costing and reporting capabilities. Develop, modify, and control budgets to ensure project profitability.
- Plan with precision: Manage resource levels by planning capacity and sales. Track invoicing for customers against planned costs on orders and quotes.
- Analyse project performance: Make effective decisions with real-time insight on project status, profitability, and resource-usage metrics.
- Resources: Register and sell resources, combine related resources into one resource group or track individual resources.
- Estimates: Monitor resource usage and get a complete overview of your capacity for each resource with information about availability and planned costs on orders and quotes.
- Jobs: Keep track of usage on jobs and data for invoicing the customer. Manage both fixed-price jobs and time-and-materials jobs.
- Timesheets: Timesheets are a simple and flexible solution for time registration with manager approval and integrate with Service, Jobs, and Basic Resources.
- Multiple languages: Switch languages on the client in real time provided that the desired language is available.
- Reason codes: Define a set of reason codes that can be assigned to individual transactions throughout the system, providing user-defined audit trails.
- Extended text: Set up an unlimited number of lines to describe inventory items, resources, and general ledger accounts.
- Intrastat reporting: Automatically retrieve the necessary data to report Intrastat information to statistics authorities. Local customs authorities can inform you whether your company is obligated to file such a report.
- Outlook integration: Synchronize your to-do items and your contacts with your meetings, tasks, and contacts in Outlook.