D365 Finance and OperationsPurchase voucher effects for stocked item (Dynamics 365 for Operations)
Two types of accounting for Purchase that take place when an accounting entry is generated for a product receipt or an invoice that contains stocked items.
1. Purchase order voucher entry after posting product receipt
- Accounting entry for the accrued liability
Purchase expenditure, un-invoiced DR Purchase, accrual CR
- Accounting entry for the cost in inventory for the received quantity of the stocked item
Cost of purchased materials received DR Purchase expenditure, un-invoiced CR
2. Purchase order voucher entry after posting product invoice
- Accounting entry on the product receipt for accrued liability are reversed.
Purchase, accrual DR Purchase expenditure, un-invoiced CR
- Account entry liability for the vendor invoice.
Purchase expenditure for product DR Vendor Balance CR
- Accounting entry on the product receipt that records the inventory cost is reversed.
Purchase expenditure, un-invoiced DR Cost of purchased materials received CR
- Accounting entry to record the actual inventory cost.
Cost of purchased materials invoiced DR Purchase expenditure for product CR
Inventory value as well as Vendor balance will increase.