In this article, we will learn how to configure Live connection for SQL in Power BI.
- Power BI Licence
- SQL Server Database Engine.
- Power BI Gateway (Refer this link to configure Power BI Gateway)
Steps to Connect SQL Live in PowerBI:
- Open PowerBI Desktop
- Click Get Data and Select SQL Server.
- In the SQL Connection details, select DirectQuery Mode for Live Connection.
- Once the Data is loaded, you can create Power BI Dashboard. DirectQuery enabled status is visible at the right bottom of the Power BI Desktop.
- Before publishing the Dashboard, login into Power BI Service.
- Under Manage Gateway, we must add a data source for SQL Server.
- Go back to Power BI Desktop and publish the Power BI dashboard.
- In the Power BI Service, under the Reports you will be able to see the published Live SQL dashboard.