Tinius Olsen : A Testing Machine Manufacturing Company
About Tinius Olsen
Tinius Olsen is a Horsham, PA headquartered, leading specialist manufacturer and supplier of static tension and/or compression materials testing machines. You can read more about Tinius Olsen at www.tiniusolsen.com.
Tinius Olsen’s Global Operations Head, David Wheeler, wanted a solution that would :
- Handle all Finance related requirements through a robust AX platform.
- Back-up their infrastructure and ensure business continuity even in the case of worst disasters.
- Provide rich dashboards and KPIs through an Analytics platform leveraging AX and CRM data.
- A modern Field Service solution for their global Field Service teams.
- Reliable and deep integration between AX – CRM and Field Services for a ‘complete’ view of the customer across all departments.
The CloudFronts team delivered an Azure hosted AX 2012 R3 platform integrated with Dynamics CRM Online and Dynamics Field Service and analytics on the Microsoft Power BI platform. Azure Cloud gives a reliable and trustworthy environment for Dynamics AX hosting and gives ease of user-experience to organizations. Tinius Olsen was able to move to a modern, integrated platform using AX and CRM for their global operations.
Further, Azure is the first public cloud to offer native Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) solution for applications running on ‘Infrastructure As a Service’ (IaaS). With this offering, you can make your applications resilient to even region level failures by replicating VMs into another region.
While Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery are both the same however, there is a very slight difference. Business Continuity (BC) Planning is the way an organization can prepare for and aid in disaster recovery. Disaster Recovery (DR) is the process of getting all important IT infrastructure and operations up and running following an outage.
Additonally, the CloudFronts team carried out enhancement and customizations to the existing mobile application used by Tinius Olsen which transfers files back and forth between app and third-party app of Tinius Olsen. Files uploaded in Field Service (CRM) are being copied to Client File Server by using Scribe and SSIS tools.
Order created in AX and gets generated in Field Service – Install Order
Order created in Field Service and then generated in AX – Calibration Order
“Tinius Olsen and CloudFronts worked together on implementing an integrated AX 2012 R3 on Azure, CRM Online and Field Service solution and Power BI analytics for our global operations. CloudFronts’ technical and functional depth across the Microsoft Dynamics platform and round the clock post go-live support ensured a successful Go Live for this mission-critical implementation.”
— David Wheeler, VP – Operations, Tinius Olsen
Tinius Olsen was able to move to a modern, integrated platform using AX and CRM for their global operations. Key benefits –
- AX on Azure IaaS ensures High Availability (HA) for Tinius Olsen’s 24 hours’ a day operation.
- Dynamics CRM Online for Sales, ClickDimensions for Marketing Automation and Service, provides a state-of-the-art cloud CRM platform.
- Field Service solution within Dynamics CRM Online ensures seamless Sales to Service Customer engagement.
- AX – CRM, and Field Service integration using Scribe Insight ensures access to data across the organization.
- Finance and Sales Dashboards built on top of Power BI and utilizing data from across AX and CRM ensures real-time access to key metrics and trends across the business.
- Dynamics AX 2012 R3 with RDS for Client access.
- SQL Server Always-On for High Availability (HA).
- Azure IaaS (Hybrid deployment connected to Onpremise AD)
- SSO for CRM Online using AzureAD Connect
- Field Service
- Power BI Analytics.
- SQL Datawarehouse and SSAS Tabular model.
- Scribe Insight
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service
Post Go Live:
Post Go Live
Post Go Live, Tinius Olsen continues to invest in making their on-premise and cloud infrastructure highly available for business continuity. At the time of this writing, Tinius Olsen is evaluating and implementing back up and disaster recovery plans for their global on-premise infrastructure and continuing to invest in their digital transformation.
The Dynamics 365 for Field Service business application today is helping Tinius Olsen to deliver onsite service to customer locations. The application combines workflow automation, scheduling algorithms, and mobility to set mobile workers up for success when they’re onsite with customers fixing issues.