INTRODUCTION: In this blog I would like to share few functional features which are planned for Business Central Wave 2 2020. Also, in this blog I will be sharing some insights into the planned features.
- Business Central Company Hub extension: Accountant Hub is deprecated to Company Hub in this release wave. Company Hub contains the same features, and Microsoft recommends using Company Hub as a replacement for Accountant Hub. More details here: https://www.olisterr.tech/2020/07/announcement-microsoft-dynamics.html
- Group VAT reporting: Ease and support for seamless VAT group reporting which will smoothen VAT liability on intra-group entities and optimizing the tax filing.
- Default unit cost for non-inventory items: Now users will get the default feature of updating cost on Nonstock or catalog items and service items, as these costs impacts production, assembly and sales transactions.
- Track packages from more types of sales documents: Now users will be able to reverse the posted bank reconciliations. The bank reconciliation will automate the reconciliation of differences. The Payment Reconciliation journal will support application against employee ledger entries, allow one-to-many matching, have preview posting enabled, separate number series, and user-defined document numbers.
- Bank reconciliation improvements: Now users will be able to reverse the posted bank reconciliations. The bank reconciliation will automate the reconciliation of differences. The Payment Reconciliation journal will support application against employee ledger entries, allow one-to-many matching, have preview posting enabled, separate number series, and user-defined document numbers.
- Consolidation file format support for Dynamics 365 Finance: The file format options for a business unit in Business Central will include an option for Finance and Operations.
- Notify users of high-risk changes in selected setup fields: Notification enabled for any change in the value of highly critical field using change log functionality.
- Use conversion templates to convert contacts to vendors and employees: User can now convert a contact a vendor or an employee. Contact conversion template can be used using conversion.
- Use recurring journals to allocate balances by dimension values: In recurring general journal using recurring method ‘Balance’ or ‘Reversing balance’ users can now allocate cost of source GL account dimension-wise, earlier only consolidate cost was possible.
- Use the Copy Journal function on general journals and G/L registers when reversing entries: Copy Journal functionality will be made available to copy the general journal batch with opposite signs (a reversing journal) and different posting date & document number.
- Use Word document layouts to customize outgoing customer documents: Users can now export document layout to work for the following documents: Shipments, Return Orders, Service Quotes, Orders, Invoices, and Credit Memos. Simply modify the layouts and import them back into Business Central to use next time you send, for example, a shipment, return order, or a service document.
- Use contact Mobile Phone Number and Email consistently across application: User can now use the Mobile Phone Number and Email fields on data entry pages, report data sets, report layouts, and segment lines that have contact details in Business Central.
CONCLUSION: Once there is a public preview/ general availability is released then I will create a follow up blog explaining each feature in detail.
Kindly feel free to suggest.
Hope this helps!