Dynamics 365, EnterpriseUser Privileges on SharePoint – D365 Document Integration
Often, we wonder what could be wrong where we see a generic error on Documents in Dynamics 365. Something like this –
That’s when you wonder if all the privileges in D365 Security Roles for SharePoint Site or Document entity are correct or not? In fact, it’s the SharePoint privileges that you must look into.
Privileges On SharePoint:
Even if the error indicates that you don’t have access in D365, it is actually the SharePoint site that’s missing permissions.
Here’ where you need to check for the O365 User’s SharePoint privileges:
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center in the Office 365 Admin center
- Next, in any of the intended SharePoint sites, navigate to the Gear Icon and then Site Settings.
- In Site Settings, navigate to People and groups under Users and Permissions area.
- Check that you might not have the intended user in that list. You can then click on Add and add the user in the list.
- You can either add an individual user or ‘Everyone Except external users’.
and confirm that you see them in the list now.
Now, you can ask the users to check and they should be good to go.
Hope this helps!