Leading Office Decor Brand in U.S.
About the client:
The client is the fastest growing seating brand in the United States. The client corporation designs, manufactures, and distributes seating solutions for business, healthcare, government, and education markets. It offers task/work chairs, conference chairs, multipurpose chairs, cafe/task stools, and several kind of chairs. The company serves customers through commercial furniture distributors.
The client approached CloudFronts with following requirements –
- The client was looking to integrate incoming orders from distributors into Dynamics AX 2012 R3 and providing acknowledgment of order receipt for the same.
- They needed a Queuing mechanism to process all orders without overloading the system and AX server.
- Their distributors needed the ability to send orders through the internet in XML (OFDA XSD), and since there can be multiple orders through multiple distributors, the client needed a Queuing mechanism to process all orders without overloading the system and AX server.
CloudFronts came up with a straight and simple solution to resolve the challenges.
The team leveraged the potential of Azure Web API, TIBCO Cloud Integration and Connectors. There are two types of Connectors used for this purpose. First is the Messaging Framework, which acts as the bridge between the external (distributor) system and TIBCO Cloud Integration and second is the AX connector, which uses AX AIF service to perform CRUD (create, read, update and delete) operations on sales orders.
The above built AX connector also processes the XML from Messaging Framework and maps the fields to proxy class fields from the AIF Service.
The below visual will give you a brief idea about high-level architecture of Data Flow.
CloudFronts was able to devise a foolproof solution to the problem by leveraging the potential of Azure Web API, TIBCO Cloud Integration and connectors.
- TIBCO Cloud Integration – Messaging Framework and FCF (Fast Connector Framework)
- Web APIs
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Post Go Live:
The client went live with the project on 25 May 2018. Post-Go-live, they have successfully brought around 20 distributors on this automated system and systematically plan to fetch over hundreds of such distributors in near future. The automation has enabled the client to smoothly manage the incoming orders from multiple distributors along with eliminating a manual work hassle across the system driving greater operational efficiency.