To modify the layouts you can remove the fields, tables, or change the position fields. There is an option to extend the Table and Page but to make changes in the existing report there is no extension yet but there is a way you can change the layout of the report.
Steps to achieve the goal:
- Search for Report Layout selection.
- Select the Report ID which you want to modify.
- Go to Process ->Custom Layout.
- Make a copy of the layout file to do that select new action it will ask you to insert RDLC or WORD according to it will create a file.
- Then go to layout action in Custom Layout Page->Export layout. Make changes in that file again. Import new modified layout using Import layout action.
- Make sure to update the layout. Import layout will only import your file you need to update as well.
- And then go to the Report layout selection page choose the selected layout of the report to be Custom Layout and select your modified report file in the Custom layout description.
- You can test your new report by Reports-> Run Report.
Thus we saw how we can change the layout of existing reports using Report Layout Selection.
Thank you very much for reading my work. Hope you enjoyed the blog!