Separate versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is already available on both iOS and Android. The new Office mobile app combines Word, Excel, and PowerPoint into a single app and introduces new mobile-centric features to make it your go-to productivity app on a phone.
Microsoft has done a good job of combining all of the functionality from the separate Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps into a single Office app and this is surely going to replace all the separate versions.
- Combining Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and to some extent Microsoft Office Lens to a single app making switching between the apps easy and requires less space with respect to the individual apps.
- Do more with your phone camera like converting images into editable Word and Excel documents, scanning pictures into PDF, Scan QR code and capturing whiteboards with digital enhancements to make content easier to read.
- New functionality for common tasks like making quick notes, signing PDF, converting a document to PDF and transferring files between devices.
- Connect your Office App with Work or School account.
- All productivity apps in the same and easily switch between Apps.
- Find all the recent documents.
4. Easily locate the document in OneDrive, SharePoint. Browse Google Drive documents, documents on your device and also you can connect other cloud storage such as Dropbox.
5. Easily search for documents through the Search bar.
6. Transfer files between devices -Open the Office App on your mobile device and open transfer.office.com on your system, pair the device by scanning the QR code and easily transfer files.
7. Share files to nearby devices quickly.
8. Other important features:
- Image to Text – Extract text from your image to Word document.
- Image to Table – Extract a table for an image to Excel document.
- Sign a PDF – Add your signature to a PDF file.
- Scan to PDF – Scan pictured to PDF.
- Pictures to PDF – Create PDF from the pictures stored on your system.
- Document to PDF – Easily convert your documents to PDF.
- Scan QR code – Scan QR code from within the Office App to open a document.
Upcoming Features –
- Word Dictation – Turn your voice into written text and use voice commands.
Refer – Word Dictation
Source – Microsoft Article
- Outline to PowerPoint – Write your presentation content as a simple outline and let PowerPoint designer turn it into presentable slides with proper formatting and styling of the content.
Refer – Outline to PowerPoint
Source – Microsoft Article
- Excel Card Views – View and edit data in an Excel table row in a simple, digestible card format so you do not have span across columns that extend beyond the limits of the screen.
Refer – Excel Card Views
The new Office app is surely going to replace the individual apps for Word, Excel, and PPT as it makes very easier to download and install. It saves space of individual apps on the device and quickly switches the apps within the Office app. Additionally, we have seen above the features that provide the opportunity to do more with the App. Thanks!