One of the common tasks to import multiple users in Office 365 is to be able to create multiple users in the most efficient way possible.
Here’s a quick guide to doing so using Import multiple users feature in Office 365 Admin Center.
Download Template for Importing Users
- Let’s say you are in the Admin Center using portal.office.com. Under Users, You’ll find a button to Add Multiple Users
- And the feature lets you download a template with some sample data in case you’re unsure of what to enter.
- Once downloaded, you’ll get the Excel in your system
- Now, you’ll see some sample data which you can simply delete to add your actual data.
- And let’s say, your data looks like this. I’ve added Kuldeep Gupta and Subhash Mahato, 2 users with some info.
Import Back into O365
Now, we are set to import this in O365.
- On the same feature, look for Browser button to import.
- Click Verify to validate the info entered for any errors. Once verified, you can click Next.
- On the next step, I’ll assign licenses and proceed by clicking Next.
- Once the processing is done, users will be added
- And you’ll see 2 new users in O365 with the selected licenses
Hope this was easy! 🙂