VS Code has recently introduced a new feature using which multiple people can access the same workspace in VS Code and modify files at the same time. This is huge applications in teaching, code reviews as well as prototyping. You can edit modify separate files at the same time in the same folder.
- Install the Live-Share extension in VS Code.
- Click on the “Live Share” button at the bottom left.
- Sign in using your Github or Microsoft Account.
- You can see the session details in the “Live Share” tab along with previously connected.
- Click on the “Invite Participants” to get the link what can be used to share the session.
- Now, you can collaborate with different Users and modify the same or different files together.
Thus we saw how, we can use Live Share for collaborating while developing or reviewing in VS Code. Special thanks to Vaishnavi Joshi for her help in this blog!