Let see how we can populate signature from CRM to Word Template using Cloud flows
First we need to understand how to create word template with Content Controls –
- Create Word Template with Content Controls
In Word Document, Select Developer Tab
Under the Developer Tab, Insert picture control
After Inserting a picture control, Click on Properties -> Name the Title and Tag according to your requirement.
In my case I have named title and Tag as Signature.
Now we have created a Word Document with content controls.
Upload this document in your SharePoint
2. Populate Signature Field using Cloud flows
- Signature field in CRM is pen control and when we run a flow, we get the field as below
- Split the above field by “,”
Use below expression –
Output of above expression –
- Initialize a variable of type Object and set the Object as shown below-
Content is output of split,To get the output of split expression, use below
Syntax – outputs(<stepname>)[position of array]
And save the object in a Compose
- Populate a Microsoft Word Template
Add action “Populate a Microsoft word template” in flow
- Create File in SharePoint
File Content of Create file step is the output of Populated Word Template