What is Kernel Hotfix and Application Hotfix in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012?
Introduction:In this blog, we will see what includes in Kernel Hotfix and Application Hotfix in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
1. Kernel Hotfix:
· This hotfix updates Microsoft dlls. E.g. update are the executable files (ax32.exe, ax32serv.exe) and assemblies (Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.*.dll)
· There are no code-level changes.
· This hotfix required to install at all the client PCs & Servers, where any of the components of AX is installed.
· A kernel fix is always cumulative.
2. Application Hotfix:
· This type of hotfixes affects code development done by partners.
· Updates in the SYP, GLP, FPP & SLP layers (the layers reserved for Microsoft code). These changes are made in the AX model store in AX 2012 and later versions
· An application fix is NOT cumulative.