While scheduling a meeting from Outlook client, sometimes we may also need to select the room where the meeting will be held. Room Finder in Outlook client helps us to find the available rooms.
Sometimes it may happen that when a user creates a new meeting in Outlook, no conference rooms are listed in Choose an available room box in Room Finder. The issue is that the user doesn’t select a room list.
Users can select a room list from Show a room list option in Room Finder. But before that admin needs to create a room list so that the option “Show a room list” will be visible in Room Finder.
- Open Exchange Online Power Shell and connect your Office 365 environment.
- Run the following command to create a Room List Distribution Group –
New-DistributionGroup <RoomListName> -RoomList -Members $Members<RoomListName> – Provide a name to the Room list.
- Run the following command to add existing rooms to the list –Add-DistributionGroupMember <RoomListName> -Member <RoomMailbox><RoomListName> – Put the name of the room list which was created in the earlier step.<RoomMailBox> – Put the name of the room mailbox. You can find the room mailbox name from the Exchange Admin Center.
- If you want to add multiple rooms at once, you need to create a .txt file and add all the room mailboxes and save the file.
Run the following command to add multiple rooms –Get-Content <EnterFileLocation> | Add-DistributionGroupMember -Identity <RoomListName>
<EnterFileLocation> – Where the .txt file has been saved.<RoomListName> – Provide the room list name.
- You might need to confirm whether the rooms have been added to room list. Run the following command to check the same –Get-DistributionGroupMember -Identity <RoomListName><RoomListName> – Put a name of the room list, which you have created.
After following above steps, you will be able to see the Show a room list option in Room Finder. There you can choose the room list and select the rooms.
This is how you can enable Room List in Room Finder, which helps users while scheduling a meeting through Outlook clients and can easily see the available rooms and timings through Room Finder.
Want to get consultation or training for your company? Please email us at [email protected]