In this blog article, we will see how we can track changes in data made since last export using Data Entities in D365 Operations. It is basically an SQL Change Tracking feature.
- Go to Data Management -> Data Entities.
- Select the Entity for which you want to enable Change Tracking.
- In the Action Pane, go to Change Tracking. There are 3 options:
- Enable primary table – It will only track changes made on root table.
- Enable entire entity – It will enable tracking for all Writable Datasource used in the entities.
- Enable custom Query – You can create a custom query to track changes on the required tables.
You can also disable the change Tracking by clicking on ‘Disable Change Tracking’ option. You should be careful while enabling change tracking as it will require additional processing for maintaining data for changed records.