Sometimes we would want to ask users about their thoughts , opinions or ask some questions along with a PowerBI report. That is, we would need to collect information about the user through PowerBI App. This can be done by creating a Microsoft Form inside PowerBI interface to collect user information. This can be demonstrated as:
- Go to forms.office.com and create a new form.
- Insert the Title , Description and add some fields in my case I have created a Test form with a field for giving ratings.
- Click on share and copy the link.
- Go to app.powerbi.com , create a new workspace and while creating enable develop a template app option
- Add your existing PowerBI reports here by clicking “New” option and then click on create app.
- You can add Name, description and logo to this app also you can choose a theme
- Click on Navigation tab and enable new navigation builder
- Click on the New button on the navigation pane and select link.
- Enter the Name of the form and enter Microsoft form link
- Publish the app then select go to app
- As you can see the form is embedded in PowerBI interface
- The responses done by users gets saved at forms.office.com
- This can be used in a scenario where we need feedback for a PowerBI report
Hope this blog helped
Not all Power BI users can view and interact with apps.
- If you have a free license, you can open apps that are stored in Premium capacity and have then been shared with you.
- If you have a Pro license, you can open apps that have been shared with you.